Last Updated: Friday December 11, 2015
NEW STRAINS FOR 2016: The worlds only weed that grows and never dies, it buds forever
NEWS: Some new info added below about Why Marijuana Seeds Cost So Much. Another article on Dangerous Marijuana - Crushed Glass Contamination.
We have been hearing some complaints on the forums that our website looks like it was just thrown together due to it's simple design and since we are the longest running seedbank rating service, you would think we would have updated the site to look more professional. (we just thought you cared about the quality of the content, not how pretty it looked) So we listened because we care, and you will see more improvements coming in the near future. We also have banners available for website owners that want to promote this site for their trusted web site visitors. You can find these banners below.
Seed Bank Ratings are at the bottom of this page.
DANGERS OF BUY WEED, YES IT CAN BE FATAL BUYING OFF THE STREET
Your next purchase of bud from a delear could land you six feet under. Shady dealers are sifting high quality bud to produce hash, then they add crushed glass to the previously sifted marijuana which was depleted of THC Crystals, to make it appear that all the THC is still intact. Even the most experienced eye, cannot distinguise the differnce of glass enriched weed without the use of a microscope.
Numerous respitory fatalities have been reported as well as permanent lung damage due to inhaling the finely crushed glass. If you start to cough up blood after toking up, keep a sample of your stash for lab testing to see if it was containemated with crushed glass, and go for medical help immediately.
The first reports came out of the UK in 2006, and then things quited down a bit in the UK, but now with the reccession, both East and Western Europe as well as North America have seen a sudden rise in simular cases in 2009.
Our parents always told us to stay away from the hard drugs, because the purity was not regulated, and usually cut with unsafe chemicals, like rat poinsining. Even worse is the danger of death due to an over dose because the hard drug wasn't cut at all, and the user was using up to a 50x stronger dose without even knowing it. Hard drugs always had the dangers of death, but no one ever thought the soft drug, marijuana with no cases of an overdose, could ever kill you. Now by adding "crushed glass" greedy dealers sell hash, and instead of disgarding the bud, they simply add glass and double their profits, while seriously harming the public. The only sure way to get safe bud, is to grow your own.
SEED PRICES, WHY DO THEY COST SO MUCH?
We get many emails asking why marijuana seeds cost so much compared to say, sunflower seeds. There are a few reason, some you may never even of thought about.
1. The risks involved in growing in a non marijuana friendly country adds to the cost, that one most people were aware.
2. Seeds productions costs more than say, growing marijuana for it's seedless buds. You need a larger grow room because your not growing just Female Plants (that produce the sensimilla-seedless bud), you need to double the grow room space for for male plants, as pollen is needed to produce seeds. So you have twice the rent, twice the labour, twice the electricity bill for running your lights (which for residential growers, turns you into a commercial hydro user which has much higher electric fees because you use above your residential Kilowatt limit. This also draws unwanted attention), twice the fertilizers, due to twice the plants. Twice the plants means higher minimum sentences etc....
3. Growing a plant to produce seeds takes weeks longer, because you have to bring the seeds to full maturity. Growing for just bud, takes less time and therfore, less costs (see #2 above)
4. When you grow seeds, the resin producing the seeds, would be normally be used to produce all that wonderful THC. Bud left over from a seed harvest is junk, and has no value. The THC content went into producing seeds, not THC, and then you have all the seed husks, which if you dare to smoke, taste terrible, really terrible.
5. Landraces. Growing seeds from real plants, that have not been propogated by humans, are getting very hard to find as the world population grows, and naturally growing marijuana is being destroyed by the goverments around the world. Any reputable seedbank would only breed seeds from these hard to find, expensive to acquire landraces. They produce seeds that turn into plants with vigor. When you propgate (grow seeds from clones) the quality of the genetics quickly depletes. The very large Dutch Seed Banks have gotten lazy and produce their seeds from clones, sometimes these clones are 8,9,10, even 11 years old I have heard. They simply depend on marketing (placing ads in magazines, popular websites) to sell you these terrible depleted genetics. You may never of grown from landrace gentics, and you're really missing out. Any decent landrace strain should cost $200 per 10 pack, and rare, unique landraces that have been stabilized are worth hundreds per seed. Stabilizing takes about 6-10 years of work from an experienced breeder, just think of all those electricity bills for the 10 years stabilizing the genetics before they are even sold to the public as seeds. But be careful, many of the big Dutch seed banks sell seed for hundreds per pack, but they're not landrace strains, depleted genetics from old clones. bcseeds.com has really stepped up in R&D, offering only landrace strains, and charging below what should be charged. I'm glad to see one seed bank take pride in his work, and not depend on Magazine ads to sell his products. When you have a better product, word of mouth sells more than any ad you could buy.
6. Beware of sites that advertise all their packs of ten for 20$, it's not possible to sell anything of any quality, and it's most certainly a scam, and you will not get your seeds, and your money stolen.
seedbankreviews.com's Seed Bank Update is the longest running unbiased marijuana seed bank rating website.
This website helps prevents legal medical users from being ripped off from scam seedbanks that exist. Our rating system is based on seedbanks that have proven the tests of time. You may notice that seedbanks that are new to the scene (that you may of heard good things about) will not be listed in our seedbank ratings. All seedbanks rated here must now prove reliability for at least 5 years.
In our past experience, seedbanks that have only been up in operation for a couple years, may have good reviews and loyal customers, but they may suddenly get shut down. When this happens, your enroute orders will not be filled, your money taken and worst yet, your data could be in the possession of the specific people you don't want for personal privacy. Seedbanks that we have rated and have been around for 5 years or longer know how to protect sensitive data and make sure your order gets delivered in a professional and stealthy manner and any possible mishaps will be completely avoided, making your shopping experience safe.
Many changes are occuring in the USA regarding medical marijuana, and we have yet to see how Obama really stands on this issue.
It does take years of reliable service to get listed on this website, but we still need you to email us your experiences, good or bad with new or old seedbanks. This website is now constantly being updated, so even a good seed bank rating can drop if their standards drop as well. Please email me: admin@ZZZseedbankreviews.com (remove ZZZ) with your latest experiences so we can share them with our readers.
SCAMS CONTINUE TO GET YOUR MONEY:
You may also notice that many seed banks that advertise in popular magazines and websites do not make it on our safe review list. Please keep in mind that just because a seedbank can afford to place an ad, does not make it a legit company. We literally get thousands of email complaints about "reputable?" magazine, website companies, which allow scam seedbanks to keep placing ads. If I owned a magazine or website, I would want to protect my readers and put a stop to unethical ads, and worry about the reputation of my magazine/website, but for some reason, this madness continues and good people like you continue to get ripped off.
So keep in mind, many of the best seed banks do not advertise at all. In the world of seed banks, word-of-mouth is still the best methods of advertsing.
Due to legal letters from a large corporation, we are no longer able to post our "Scam Section". I guess our little site is affecting somone's advertising profits. I hate to have to give in to these threats, but sometimes you have to know when the other side can afford better laywers.
Scary Update: As you may or may not know, things in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Holland) are changing due to increased pressures from the Unites States of America. We have heard rumors that some of the owners of "reputable" seed banks are actually working with the DEA as informants. So I would use caution ordering from that region or using credit cards for orders. We do have some Dutch seedbanks listed below that accept credit cards, and from the information we have, in our opinion, they are safe to use.
ADVANCED ORDERING TIPS
If Your Worried About Your Personal Safety and Wish To Increased The Reliabily of Receiving Your Order, You Must Read This:
Let's say your paranoid and you don't want "certain people" to find out your ordering. Never email the company and never place an order online where you give out personal informations that is stored.
Also, make sure you don't write your return address on the outside of the envelope. "certain people" are not permited to open regular mail, but they can look at the outside of it unopened. And if you write your return address on the outside, then "certain people" may collect data about you.
PLEASE NOTE: if you don't write your return address on the outside of the order envelope, you better make sure you use the correct amount of stamps, and make sure you print the addressee neatly, or your order may get lost forever.
Regular Mail is always the safest way to send your order. If you do not use regular mail in a regular everyday envelope, "certain people" may open it and look inside. So don't be stupid and send your international order "overnight express" these always get opened. Bubble envelopes get opened. The idea here is to make the envelope look normal, post it regular mail and not raise any red flags. Mail that get's stolen is never regular mail, it's always something shipped express with tracking or registerred mail as employee's know that's how valuables are shipped.
Always use the real name of the person at the address the order is being shipped to. Your postal delivery person may or may not deliver your order if a fake name is used.
We are no longer using 1/2 star ratings for ease of use
These are seed banks that have been around for 5 years or longer (sites that have been around for less, have been removed).These seedbanks are considered very safe, and we have heard many good things and you should have zero risk ordering if you read and follow their order procedures as each company as it's own rules for ordering.
You may notice some seedbanks have been removed and some new ones added. We did have a long stint where this website was not updated, but now we are on top of things, and we will be updating this site no less than every other month.
The information on this website is provided for medical marijuana patients that can use this information legally yet wish to protect their identity. We do not want to promote anyone to use this information to conflict with their local laws, nor to we condone the germination of any illegal product. This website does not sell seeds, it is for entertainment purposes only.